The Alabama Workforce Training Center is pleased to offer Construction Trades Training to Alabama Citizens at NO COST on June 8, 2020. This training covers carpentry, welding, masonry, HVAC, and electrical training. This is a 6-week program and students must commit to the entire length of training. Class hours are: Monday - Thursday, 7am - 4:30pm and Friday, 7am - 1pm. Training ends on July 24, 2020. Classes will be given at the AWTC, 3500 6th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35222. Course Objectives can be found in our catalog.
Registration for this training opens on February 10, 2020 and ends on May 27, 2020.
Registrants must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. citizen or proof of legal residency (2 forms of identification). Must have a Social Security Number and a government issued picture ID.
- Must adhere to attendance and punctuality standards
- Pass substance abuse screening
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be motivated
- Have a good attitude
- Must be willing to travel
- Follow ALL Safety rules
- Must be organized
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Good work ethic
Individuals must register for orientation to attend this training. Orientation will take place on June 4, 2019, at 4:00 pm.
Job Placement assistance is available.