The Alabama Workforce Training Center is pleased to offer Construction Trades Training to Alabama Citizens at NO COST on June 10, 2019. This training covers carpentry, welding, masonry, HVAC, and electrical training. This is a 6-week program and students must commit to the entire length of training. Classes will be given at the AWTC, 3500 6th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35222.
Registrants must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. citizen or proof of legal residency (2 forms of identification). Must have a Social Security Number and a government issued picture ID.
- Must adhere to attendance and punctuality standards
- Pass substance abuse screening
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be motivated
- Have a good attitude
- Must be willing to travel
- Follow ALL Safety rules
- Must be organized
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Good work ethic
Individuals must register for orientation to attend this training. Orientation will take place on June 4, 2019, at 4:00 pm.
Job Placement assistance is available.