Sep 16, 2022
This is an eight-hour class consisting of four hours of classroom instruction and four hours of hands on instruction. The classroom portion covers the following topics:
- Lift truck Fundamentals
- Stabiity, Balance, Capacity
- Preoperational Inspection
- General Rules of the Road
- Safe Load Handling Techniques
- Refueling Gasoline, Diesel, and LP Lift Trucks
- battery Charging and Changing
There is a written exam at the end of the classroom session.
The hands-on portion will involve pre-operational checks, followed by two circuits of the obstacle course without any major infractions. A major infraction requires the trainee to complete the course a third time. The hands-on portion will be done on a LP powered lift truck.